Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Project 4 choice


For this project my start was totally different then what I had ended up choosing. My original concept was of a mythical beast in pastel. I wanted to do pastel because it would have covered my heavy-handed marks though with some thought and more focus I pushed myself in a complete and opposite direction from a scorpion based people to more of a sea based. Though choosing between the two was hard since I love both of the base animals dearly I had to look in a different perspective. The perspective of opportunity looked at the shrimp based people and saw a chance with lightening affects and reflections.

Before doing paints I wanted to test out what I was doing in pen and ink, even though the out-come was great it would have taken a longer time. The stippling I was using would have called for more detail then I wanted to put in. So that is when I moved to paints since details would be harder but lightening would be easier. I certainly have come to enjoy the project as I went on to change and tweak the mythic beast I was creating. The outcome is both a bit of a mess and a definite revisit to improve my lacking skill of acrylic paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment